New Discussion

Re: Two Node New Deployment 3.7.10

SOLVED
Go to solution
sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

Two Node New Deployment 3.7.10

Hello,

When we are trying new system, everytime receive "Simplivity Battery Backup Health Error" and when enable HA after installing "Insufficient Vsphere HA failover resources"Screenshot_1.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
DaveOb
HPE Pro

Battery backup health error will need a support case.

The Insufficient Vsphere HA failover" alarm is due to admission control in Vmware HA more details can be found in https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-a00088847en_us&docLocale=en_US page 38 

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

Hello

Battery backup health error will need a support case.--- There is no hardware or Fw issue,

Admission control is choose 1 host ,

DaveOb
HPE Pro

Did you calculate the memory reservation  as per the document  ? 

Due to the way VMware takes into account the OVC as a VM,it accounts for it in HA even though the OVC can never be failed over and reports a violation ,In a two node cluster you may as well disable admission control.In the event of a VMware HA failover ALL VMs will be restarted on the remaining node.

Regards the battery error a review of the AHS logs would be needed.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

i didnt find memory reservation  as per the document

OzgurT
HPE Pro
Solution

Battery Backup healt error iis false error and will be fixed next release of software..For the HA part you need to set up admission control coreectly.If you disable the addmision  control then the error will gone.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

sampiyonts
Frequent Advisor

Thx,

cheesi
Advisor

You are correcct. Batterie has no errors in the ILO. Reset is onte time error will be gone. Is always after a redeployment.