HPE SimpliVity
1752354 Members
6330 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Update 3.6.2 -> 3.7.0 error - Verify Node Compute Cluster Deployment:.....failed

NZamp
Valued Contributor

Update 3.6.2 -> 3.7.0 error - Verify Node Compute Cluster Deployment:.....failed

Hello guys,

i have to update a customers 2 node federation. I do it over the cli but i get the error in the prechecks:

ERROR> preflight.pl:209 main::printError - Verify Node Compute Cluster Deployment:.....failed
ERROR> preflight.pl:210 main::printError - Cannot upgrade. Found node deploy not in a cluster.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| State of DC -> Cluster -> FD mapping for upgrade |
+-----------------------+-----------+--------------------------------------+-----------------+---------+
| OmniCube VC Name | Host Name | FD ID | DC Name | CL Name |
+-----------------------+-----------+--------------------------------------+-----------------+---------+
| OmniStackVC-10-1-1-24 | 10.1.1.22 | dfbe5c6d-c4ae-4f31-a74b-015c5bb22804 |  | Unknown |
| OmniStackVC-10-1-1-23 | 10.1.1.21 | dfbe5c6d-c4ae-4f31-a74b-015c5bb22804 |  | Unknown |
'-----------------------+-----------+--------------------------------------+-----------------+---------'

and the CL Name is shown as "Unknown". Also the vCenter SimpliVity PlugIn does not show the Hosts or the SimpiVity funktionality when right clicking on a virtual machine. 

I found a solution by SimpliVity which explains to create a new cluster and connect the nodes to it but this didn┬┤t work and the new cluster also doesn┬┤t show up in the SImpliVity PlugIn.

Is there any way to re-register the OVC or the cluster??

Cheers,

Nick

2 REPLIES 2
DamianErangey
HPE Pro

Re: Update 3.6.2 -> 3.7.0 error - Verify Node Compute Cluster Deployment:.....failed

Hello

There is a way to re-register the host with vcenter, as you stated if the plugin is not working and the output of svt-federation-show has missing data, etc, then this operation will need to performed by a member of support. Please open a case with support stating what yo umentioned above and they will be able to assist you with getting the OVC(s) re-registered with vcenter correctly. Note: this does required a reboot of the OVC(s) (on at a time is recommended) so you might want to perform this operation during a maintenance windown, or alternatively you can v-motion the vm's to one node while performing the update operation on the other. Again, support can advise you on this.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

dontcallmeeddy
Occasional Advisor

Re: Update 3.6.2 -> 3.7.0 error - Verify Node Compute Cluster Deployment:.....failed

Hi,
we are facing the same issue. Our UpdatePath was 3.7.10 to 4.0.1 U1.
and we saw during the Update the "CL Name" of one Node was missing with Error Code 103.

both commands that helped us out of this situation...

dsv-update-vcenter --server vcsaip --username 'administrator@vsphere.local' --password 'vcsapassword'
dsv-digitalvault-init --hmsuser 'administrator@vsphere.local' --hostip esxiip --hostuser 'root' --hmspassword 'vcsapassword' --hostpassword 'esxipassword'