HPE SimpliVity
1752590 Members
2983 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Using Blancco software on Dell OmniCube CN-3400-1? Does it destroy the RAID configuration?

TomiKarlsson
Advisor

Using Blancco software on Dell OmniCube CN-3400-1? Does it destroy the RAID configuration?

Hi. We want to re-use 3 Dell OmniCube CN-3000 nodes and requirement is to use Blancco software to erase the disks. My question is will it also destroy the RAID configuration? Or is it sufficient to do a Factory Reset? We need to do this and produce a report for our management.

Any ideas?

Best regards, Tomi

2 REPLIES 2
gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: Using Blancco software on Dell OmniCube CN-3400-1? Does it destroy the RAID configuration?

Hello @TomiKarlsson 

Thank you for using HPE Simplivity Forums. 

To destroy the RAID configuration you need to connect to the host remote console using a KVM or using the IPMI and reboot the server. While the server boots wait until you see the RAID controller BIOS prompt and press the key combination required to enter. Usually the key combination is CTRL+R.

While you are in the BIOS there are options to clear the configuration and completely erase the RAID configuration. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
JohnHHaines
HPE Pro

I am not familiar with that product - most "secure erase" software writes out a random or all zero pattern on the drive, multiple times, but a quick browse of thier website suggests they do something more complex.

I suspect you will need to do recreate the RAID array after erasing, because you might need to re-initlaize the drives. You would then need to do a factory reset using the USB image.

Please come back and post your results for others to learn from.

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo