HPE SimpliVity
1748213 Members
3281 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: VCenter 6.7 Support

remu00

I know I am beating a dead horse, but I have to imagine that the release is going to be any day now? Surely by the end of this month? 

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @remu00

The 3.7.7 SimpliVity release which supports vSphere 6.7 was released in December.

Only supported on HPE platform for now.

There's also other pre-requisites, so please read this thread for further details on those.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

elange
Occasional Advisor

Hi Declan,

do you have any hint from development about the release of 6.7 support for 3rd Party customers (Cisco here, but might be of Interest to the guys with Dell and Lenovo too)

We have an update for Simplivity and VMware scheduled for march and i really would like to go to 6.7. There are companies that will provide their html plugins only for 6.7 (Veeam for eaxmple) so its  really not an option to stick with 6.5 too long.

I hope HPE is not sitting this out until end of new features in september ....  

Regards,

Eike

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @elange

I believe vSphere 6.7 support on non-hpe platforms is expected to be supported on the next simplivity software release.

I will enquire and revert back.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @elange

Thanks for waiting on the confirmation.

Good News! SimpliVity software version 3.7.8 due for release mid-March (roughly) will support vSphere 6.7 on all platforms except the Dell R720 platform.

This is a limitation of the R720 platform itself, which does not support the ESXi 6.7 Hypervisor at all.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

elange
Occasional Advisor

Hello Declan,

thanks for the update.

Best regards,

Eike