108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

backup consumption empty

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

backup consumption empty

Looking at the backup consumption page I found it empty .

Is there something missing in the configuration or something to do to have the graph displayed ?

Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
LiamP
HPE Pro

Re: backup consumption empty

This graph only provides a projected view of all backups against retained time. If you want to test if the graph is working, try creating a temporary rule with extreme settings as lets say, frequency of 1 hour & retain for 20 years within a policy and add a VM.

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

JohnHHaines
HPE Pro
Solution

The graph does not show space used by backups - it is the number of backups, compared against the Federaiton maximum of 250,000 (currently) backups.

So, you'd need at least 2500 backups to register even 1%.

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo
Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

Hello
Thanks for the clarification , however i think is really of no use such graph
Stefano Colombo
Valued Contributor

Hello
Thanks for your reply.
Another user suggested that the graph shows theтАЭnumberтАЭ of backups compared to the federation maximum , not the space consumption
Do you agree ?
JohnHHaines
HPE Pro

Yes, exactly that. So when you change a backup policy, this graph pops up, showing the impact in the number of backups, not in space.

I would have to agree, it doesn't seem terribly useful - but, if your current policies had you running at 100k backups, and you were making a change that doubled that (putting you close to the limit), but hadn't thougth it through, it would be auseful warning.

Not positive, btu seem to recall reading the limit was increasing in current/next version fo SW, as well.

I work for HPEAccept or Kudo