HPE SimpliVity
1748148 Members
3458 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: if vcenter is damage , but the simplivity node still live , and vcenter re install ,

A525-9410
Occasional Advisor

if vcenter is damage , but the simplivity node still live , and vcenter re install ,

if vcenter is damage , but the simplivity node still live , and vcenter re install ,

is passiable  add the node to the  new install vcenter  ?

in SVT:3.7.8 

5 REPLIES 5
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Re: if vcenter is damage , but the simplivity node still live , and vcenter re install ,

Hi @A525-9410 

Yes, this would not be a problem.

I would recommend creating a support case and one of our support engineers can advise/assist.

The process is relatively straight forward:

1. Remove the node from the old vCenter
  2. Re-create your cluster/s in new vCenter
  3. Add node into the new vCenter/Cluster
  4. Re-point OVC's to new vCenter

How many nodes do you have?

You would need to move all nodes to the new vCemter

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

A525-9410
Occasional Advisor

I'm  build and ready  2 node simplivity ; status good ,,   then ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i'm killing the vcenter 

i follow re-build 

1. Remove the node from the old vCenter >> esxi disconnect vcenter  
  2. Re-create your cluster/s in new vCenter >> re-create vcenter
  3. Add node into the new vCenter/Cluster   >> some thing in error        ; a general system error occurred ; time out waiting for vpxa to start  (( but can't add node  into cluster ))
  4. Re-point OVC's to new vCenter
DeclanOR
Respected Contributor

Hi @A525-9410 

Looks like the vpxa agent may not be started on the ESXi host.

Did you power down the host prior to removing from old VC? If so, it was not necessary, but if you did, possibly the vpxa service is not fully running yet, and you need to allow time for all services to be running fully.

If you didn't reboot the host, then check the status of the vpxa agent to confirm it's running.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2030663

Thanks,

DeclanOR

Accept or Kudo

TomiKarlsson
Advisor

Hi. Here´s the link to documentation which I used when moving from vCenter Server 5.5 Windows to VCSA 6.5.

Hope you find it useful!

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-sv7322en_us&docLocale=en_US

TomiKarlsson
Advisor

One more document, same text as in the link I posted previously.

Br, Tomi