1748266 Members
3451 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: resources during HA failure

dmercado
Occasional Contributor

resources during HA failure

Hi, i would like to clarify if im correct regarding the resources during HA failure based on the scenario below:

3 nodes of simplivity

per node:             total:             1 node failure HA

22 cpu                 66cpu           44 cpu

288 ram              864 ram        576 ram

5.5 TB                 16.5 TB          11 TB

I belive only half of the total resources should be used for the HA to work properly, but if 1 node fails, will simplivity re-divide the resources (2 nodes left) again when this occur? 

1 REPLY 1
DaveOb
HPE Pro

Re: resources during HA failure

VMware HA will work in the same way in a Simplivity vrs a Non Simplivity cluster.If admission control is enabled then VMware will restart VMs if the conditions are met in the admission controll policy,

The one thing to keep in mind is that VMware HA uses a concept of slot size to determine due to the OVC having alot of memory but never being capable of VMware HA failover this should be taken into account,

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=mmr_sf-EN_US000022611 (also in the admin guide.)

Simplivity supports a single node failure per cluster in a non zoned configuration,any more then that and quorom will come into play.

I am an HPE employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo