4789 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

stretched cluster configuration.

Izaac
Contributor

stretched cluster configuration.

Hi... Simplivity Teeam
I have question about unassing host from federation with stretched cluster configuration.

1. the command svt-zone-unassign --host Host1 move all replicas Primary and secundary from the host?
  2. The host unassign from zone , It is still part of the Federation .. you need redeploy this node?
  3. svt-zone-delete when you delete de zone .... the vms remain working?
  4. Removing the distributed cluster characteristic (Stretched Cluster) means a redeploy?
Thks for your time....
1 REPLY 1
kylerj
HPE Pro

Re: stretched cluster configuration.

Hi @Izaac 

1. the command svt-zone-unassign --host Host1 move all replicas Primary and secundary from the host?
    1. This will only move replicas if the resource balancer service deems it necessary due to high capacity or high I/O constraints being met
  2. The host unassign from zone , It is still part of the Federation .. you need redeploy this node?
    1. The host will NOT be removed from the federation upon unassigning it from the Zone.
  3. svt-zone-delete when you delete de zone .... the vms remain working?
    1. Yes, the VM's remain unaffected and this will allow for the replicas to move freely amongst the cluster if the resource balancer chooses to do so.
  4. Removing the distributed cluster characteristic (Stretched Cluster) means a redeploy?
    1. No it doesn't.
I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo