New Discussion

vCenter Plugin 400-OK Error after migration to vCenter 7.0 U3c

SOLVED
Go to solution
ICPMuenchen
Frequent Advisor

vCenter Plugin 400-OK Error after migration to vCenter 7.0 U3c

Hey,

today we upgraded to vcenter v7 and after installing the latest Simplivity vCenter Plugin 4.1.1.670 we have some 400 OK errors on the Plugin Pages:

simplivity1.pngsimplivity2.pngsimplivity3.png

Any hints or recommendations?

Regards

Peter

15 REPLIES 15
CadenLange
Regular Advisor

Re: vCenter Plugin 400-OK Error after migration to vCenter 7.0 U3c

That's interesting - I'm getting exactly the same thing  but this is a new deployment and so I didn't upgrade my vCenter like you...... just deployed a new VCSA straight on 7.0 U3c

And I'm also running plugin 4.11.670..... however, did try a previous plugin version and got the same results.

Am I correct in saying that it's only those three panels that are affected? All the other plugin panels work fine??

No idea's on a fix yet though - what version of VCSA were you on previously and did they all work ok using that previous version - sounds like it might have been a 6.x release, I was keen to know if this is just 7.0.3 related an it might be fine using 7.0.2d. There is mention in the interop guide of potential issues with backup policy creation but that seems to be fine for me.

Keep us posted on any updates\breakthroughs

good luck - Caden

ICPMuenchen
Frequent Advisor

Hello Caden,

glad i am not the only one

we had VCSA 6.7 latest Release before and had no issues with 4.1.1.670 Plugin. We updated to Simplivity 4.1.1.U1 some weeks ago without any issues. While upgrading to VCSA 7.0 U3c, vCenter Setup said the Plugin will be removed because it is not possible to migrate.

The 400-OK error also appears when you try to create a support capture file in the 1. step on Host-Level. Didnt find any other menus where it appears so far.

simplivity4.png

I opened a case, and already sent some logs to Simplivity Team, lets see what say will say or recommend.

Will keep you posted.

Regards

Peter

CadenLange
Regular Advisor

Hi Peter

Yeah - just run a create support capture and get the same - I hadn't tried that before.

Hopefully a simple fix that support can come back with...... I guess your environment was already registered in InfoSight whereas I'm not sure how I can register mine as it's a new install and the infosight page of the plugin isn't working - I'll look to see if there's a command line option for registering with InfoSight but I don't think there's any alternative.

cheers

C

ICPMuenchen
Frequent Advisor

yes we already registered in infosight long time ago. this still works even i cant access the Plugin Page.

In infosight it still shows we have vCenter 6.7 but i think this is due to the missing update of our hosts to vsphere 7. Dont want to update them even the vCenter 7 Issues arent fixed so far.

gustenar
HPE Pro

This issue is currently under investigation. Will provide more updates as soon as available. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
CadenLange
Regular Advisor

Hi

Do you know yet if this issue is only experienced with vCenter 7.0.3x or if it will still be evident with 7.0.2x versions of vCenter?

many thanks 

gustenar
HPE Pro

It's only happening with vCenter 7.0. U3c. No reports of other versions affected with this issue. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
David4033
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Same issue on deploy new cluster 4.1.1U1

svt-session fail :

HVAL create session failure, HVALInvalidIdentityException:Invalid Login exception occurred while connecting to the vSphere Server to create a session.

CadenLange
Regular Advisor

"It's only happening with vCenter 7.0. U3c. No reports of other versions affected with this issue. "

Ok good - so is 7.0 U3a OK?

Or should be be avoiding 7.0 U3x altogether and just stick with 7.0 U2x?

many thanks