New Discussion

vCenter Rollback

SOLVED
Go to solution
NZamp
Valued Contributor

vCenter Rollback

Hello to all,

i updated the vCenter to a version that is not supported by SimpliVity (7.0.1). Everything is working normal so far but nevertheless i need to install the supported vCenter version.

So my plan to do so would be to start up the old vCenter and do the migration again, this time with the correct version

Is this possible or am i running in any problems when i boot up the old vCenter (of course shutting downthe new one before)?

Regards,

nzamp

3 REPLIES 3
gustenar
HPE Pro

Re: vCenter Rollback

Hello @NZamp 

I think it will be ok if you do that. Worst case scenario you will need to run a 'dsv-vcenter-update' command on all the OVCs to point the OVCs to this vCenter again in case you can't login and display Simplivity federation info. Make sure you have access to your local svtcli account before this procedure as you may need it. 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
NZamp
Valued Contributor

Hello gustenar,

thanks for the answer, rollback worked with no problems.

Neverthe less i´m a bit confused, i´ve downloaded the VMware-VCSA-all-7.0.0-16749653.iso and upgraded the old vCenter. Now the version the new vCenter is showing as following: 

Version: 7.0.0 
Build: 16749670

So a not suported version is running although i´ve downloaded the correct iso. Do i have to deploy the vCenter Server Appliance 7.0.0c16620007 and patch it or is the running version a supported one?

Best regards,

Nick

gustenar
HPE Pro
Solution

This version is supported as per our Interoperability Guide. It shows as 

vCenter Server Appliance 7.0.0d Build16749653.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo