New Discussion юеВ

Brocade FOS Reset MAPSDB Statistics

SOLVED
Go to solution
DavoudTeimouri
Advisor

Brocade FOS Reset MAPSDB Statistics

Hi guys,

I had published another discussion about MAPSDB but I couldn't resolve our issue.

Brocade FOS "Switch Health Report - *BAD_FAN - Switch Marginal"

I have another question. How can we reset MAPSDB statistics when there was not real problem or error?

I tried MAPSDB clear or anything elese but warnings comes after some minutes.

2 REPLIES 2
Yeskay
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Brocade FOS Reset MAPSDB Statistics

Hi DavoudTeimouri,

Please check the status of power supplies and Fans using commands: psshow, fanshow and tempshow commands. If your power supply and fan status are showing good, then its a reporting issue in MAPS. Check your current FOS as there is a defect which was resolved in FOS versions v8.2.3a or later. Defect details below:

FOS-820794: Closed with Code Changes in FOS: v8.2.3a;
Symptom: Switch remains in тАЬMAPS Marginal stateтАЭ, and cannot be cleared.;
Condition: This occurs following a transient Power failure on any platform that has PSU FRUs with integrated / embedded FAN.;
Workaround: Hareboot;

As mentioned above, please perform hareboot to clear the MAPS reporting error.

Run high availability reboot(hareboot) on the switch. Login to the switch cli and run the command below:

#hareboot

NOTE: HA reboot is ideally non disruptive. I would suggest that you perform this action during low IO period.

Consider upgrading FOS to 8.2.3b to avoid similar occurrence of the issues in future.

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

DavoudTeimouri
Advisor

Re: Brocade FOS Reset MAPSDB Statistics

Thank you @Yeskay 

I will check it and inform community about the result.