108811 Solutions
New Discussion

SN2410M strong enough?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alain_Sanchez
Occasional Contributor

SN2410M strong enough?

I'm planning a singlel rack small DC with 16 Prolliant DL 365 servers and 4 MSA 2062 Storage Arrays. I intend to converge all the DC traffic in 2  SN2410M (Q2F22A). I'm somewhat concern about performance since its A LOT of Storage + VSphere VMotion/FT/Adm. + VM Networking I/O. 

Thanks for your suggestions!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Cali
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: SN2410M strong enough?

This switch is the fastest Storage (iSCSI) Switch, I don't know any better in this range/size.
But primary it is a Storage Network Switch, I try always to Split Network and Storage Data.

Check if it supports all your Features needed for LAN.

I would choose SN2010M and add additional LAN-only Switches.

Cali

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Alain_Sanchez
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I could use 2 SN2010 for Storage net and 2 for VSphere traff/VM net. Servers have 25GB NICS (2 - dualport).
Im still missing 2 BaseT access switches to the fabric (1GB-T) is enough.
Any suggestion/experience on what (HPE) series is good to work with the SN2010/SN2410?
Thxs a lot!
Cali
Honored Contributor

For collecting all the 1GB iLO and Mgmt Port, I use the Aruba Instant On 1960 Switches.
They are really cheap and have SFP+ Uplink Ports.

You can also add an HPE X120 1G SFP RJ45 T Transceiver to the SN Switches.

ACP IT Solutions AGI'm not an HPE employee, so I can be wrong.
Alain_Sanchez
Occasional Contributor

@Cali Thanks for you support. For ILO/Dev mgmt I was considering HPE OfficeConnect 1950 Series, wich is very similar in specs to Aruba 1960 that you suggest.  And use 1G/10G BaseT transceivers in case some copper cnx is required. 

I could also end up changing the 2 SN2410 by 4 SN2010 (2 for Storage, 2 for Server Net).  SN2000 series (acording to its specsheet) is suitable for Virtualized/Hyperconverged infraestructures so it will do the job for Servers traffic.

I choose SN2000 because there in no better value for the money switch series in HPE.