108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSSU Password Reset

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael Stalker

SSSU Password Reset

I used SSSU password reset process Elmsetup.exe -pA:administrator -f

This worked great. I can now login using SSSU but, I can nolong logon to Command View EVA. Can someone help???

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to HP Storage System Scripting Utility (SSSU). -HP Forum Moderator

9 REPLIES 9
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Did you restart the CV-EVA service?
If not, go to "services" and restart HP CV EVA service. The new password takes effect only after restarting the service.

Refer the link
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00448140/c00448140.pdf
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

I have tried it several times. Restarting the service after the password change did only make SSSU work, but stopped access to the CV GUI :-(
Whenever I tried it, I had to reboot the management server to get both working.
Chow Huey Jiun
Advisor

May need to restart the HP SIM agents service or restart the server. This is due to elmsetup only change the configuration for CV but the change was not sync into HP SIM.
Fabian_Nowee
Super Advisor

thanks, had the same problem!
Looking for nice incentives? (www.kirsp.nl)
Clint Placette_2
Frequent Advisor

I wanted add on thing
A lot of customers follow the elmsetup proceedure to the letter. The problem here is when their CV password is not administrator. When you use elmsetup you are changing the WEBES password. So you may get SSSU working but you can't get into CV (even if you reboot). If this is the case run elmsetup again using the password that you use for CV. Restart the services. SSSU password will now be what CV password is.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

I never had WEBES installed when I used elmsetup.exe and I always could enter CV after rebooting the management server.
Joerg Fischer
Valued Contributor

Hi Michael

I had the same problem. You must delete in the management home page all groups from the user administration of this. After it, restart the management server. You can now login with Administrator and SSSU password.

Joerg
Michael Stalker

Hey guys, my problem is fixed. Here is what I tried.

Restarting the "HP Command View EVA" servers are the server did not fix my problem with login on the the Command View web site. What fixed my problem was restart both the "HP Command View EVA" and the "HP System Management Homepage" services. I do not know why rebooting the server did not fix the problem but, I am now works.
Michael Stalker

See my last post