4245 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 9.0 Updates released today

Paul Hutchings
Super Advisor

9.0 Updates released today

Anyone taken the plunge yet?

After my previous thread on the update process I just can't wait :-)
6 REPLIES 6
Jitun
HPE Pro

The following fixes were made in PatchSet 03:

Address potential security issues in SAN/iQ 9.0 found in the ping command and hydra process.

Increase the efficiency of volume/snapshot resyncronization calculations on a storage system restart or addition/replacement so that it takes less time and uses less system resources.

Prevents SAN/iQ process restart due to invalid SCSI command from any iSCSI initiator.

Update the location of a support log file so it gets rotated correctly and does not cause critical alarm for Log Utilization greater than 90%.

Generate additional debug log for support engineers when the critical alarm for Log Utilization greater than 90% is persistent because of any log file not being rotated.

Added a new 9.0 critical alarm "The â Log Partitionâ status is â Read Onlyâ " that is displayed when the SAN/iQ Log partition becomes read-only due to a previous hardware problem. Call support to restore the partition to read-write.

CMC, along with supporting patch 10054-04, now prevents an upgrade if the SAN/iQ log partition is in an unexpected state.

Added a new 9.0 Warning alarm â The SAN/iQ memory requirements check status is â Insufficientâ Required x GBâ that is displayed when the storage server is offline because of insufficient memory. Installing the required amount of memory in the storage system will resolve this alarm and bring the storage server online.

Upper case letters for server object IQN names are now allowed in the 9.0 CMC like it did with the 8.5 CMC.

Suppress benign boot messages being displayed on the VGA console.

CMC now correctly reports cluster usage when managing an 8.5 Management Group with a 9.0 CMC.

CMC now connects to the management gateway/CIM server when accessing storage systems via separate management network.

Edit Management Group now shows Remote Copy relationships that exist in the management group database, so you can disassociate them to clear an alarm about an old remote management group being down.

Added new translated strings from the last patch set.

I would recommend Installing them.
After business hours if the need be.
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

Paul Hutchings
Super Advisor

Happy to install them, just rather not be the first person to do so :-)
virtualmatrix
Advisor

Just finished the upgrade on 5 VSAs. No problems, but of course, it's only been 10 minutes. :)
Paul Hutchings
Super Advisor

Anyone done the last little batch (including a BIOS update) please?
IainS
Frequent Advisor

Not yet, but I'd like to hear from someone who has.

Also is there somewhere we can find release notes about what these do? I use CMC to download them now which is nice, but it doesn't seem to tell you what they are supposed to do.

Jitun
HPE Pro

If you check the Downloads folder (for CMC) arrange by date, you will find some html files.

Open the files to get detaled info regarding the Patch set.

I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo