1748009 Members
4508 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Adding more disc to HP VSA nodes

Kevin Trinkner
Occasional Advisor

Adding more disc to HP VSA nodes

Quick question guys, I'm trying to add more disc to our HP VSA nodes, and I can't seem to find any good documentation on how to complete this. 

The new discs were added to the physical server, the datastores were created, the VMDK's were added to the HP vsa virtual machines. I can now see the disc in the CMC, but it shows as uninitialized. I don't have an option to just right click and Add To Raid. My option is to Add Storage, then I get a warning about adding this disc to Raid, and it may take a long time. Not sure if that is the correct option?

Also, these new discs are SSD, and I want to set them as Tier 0, I believe I can do that after finally getting the disc added to the CMC?

This all seems like pretty straight forward stuff, but with the lack of basic admin guides for this configuration I wanted to see if I can verify my process. Attached screen shot of what I see in CMC

5 REPLIES 5
danevald
Advisor

Re: Adding more disc to HP VSA nodes

Hi Kevin

Under the tab "Disk Setup" you should have a "Disk Setup Tasks" and here you click "Add disk to RAID and Set Tiers",

If this does not make you select Tier this can also be done afterwards with Reconfigure Tiers under the "RAID Setup" tab.

Kevin Trinkner
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

Under the Disk Setup Tasks, the only options I see are "Add Storage, View Disk Details, and Help" 

I attached a screen shot.

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

it's explained in the "HP_StoreVirtual_VSA_Installation_and_Configuration_Guide"

on page 34

http://h20564.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c05049837

Regards

Kevin Trinkner
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the link. 

That link also shows the option to add the new disc to Raid, I don't have that option. The disc shows as Uninitialized, and my only choice is to "Add Storage". I did find out that this is indeed the option I must take, for some reason the dialoge boxes have changed, and the Add to Raid is not an option anymore. 

giladzzz
Honored Contributor

Hi

there is a simulair user guide for each software version.

http://h17007.www1.hpe.com/us/en/storage/info-library/index.aspx

whats important is to add the new disk to the same controller as the first disk

and on the next SCSI ID. once the VSA sees the new disk adding it is very

simple.

Regards

if this helps give a KUDO