1748035 Members
4608 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CMC 9 Check for Update, no files found on ftp site

Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

CMC 9 Check for Update, no files found on ftp site

I tried the new CMC 9.0 with Check for update. The CMC connects to the HP ftp site but does not find any files. Says the site could be busy try again latter.

Howto update the SAN nodes when the CMC update functionality does not work? With disabled ftp access to the internet, I recall seeing an update from disk option.

Can the necessary files for updating the Management Group be downloaded manually and updated manually?

Or should we steer clear of the 9 version for the moment?

5 REPLIES 5
Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

Still running into this message:
"Client cannot find one or more files from the FTP site. This may be due to activity on the FTP site. Either wait a few moments and click "try updating now".

I checked the ISA log and FTP 15.192.32.78:21 traffic is not blocked.

JonInfrastructure
Occasional Advisor

G'day Fred,
My turn to respond to one of yours... I got past this issue by installing the CMC on my laptop and getting it to download the whole 4GB worth of updates over DSL and then transferring them to my 'real' CMC Server, and then using the update from local option. Not the best option but it worked.
:-)
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

i think it will be some restriction in your network, i have done the download and upgrade the LeftHand ( P4000 ) without any problem.

downloaded around 4 GB of data.

mikap

PS : try the advice from "Jon@Infrastructure"
Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

I received a username and password from HP Support. I downloaded all files from the ftp directory to the CMC downloads directory. As my CMC still saw the FTP server, the Upgrade from disk button was not enabled. I had to disable FTP access to enable the Update from disk option.

Explorer has no FTP issues on this CMC server, other than that the FTP connection is slow.
Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

Received a username and password for the ftp directory to manually download the files to the CMC 9 downloads directory