1747984 Members
5000 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

CMC cannot find previously found storage node

RPMCanesandPats
Occasional Advisor

CMC cannot find previously found storage node

My CMC cannot find one of the nodes in the management group.  For some reason I can't seem to find the iLO either.  I figure the easiest thing to do is just reboot the node but what is the best way to safely do that when you cannot reach it through the CMC?  I sure don't want to just power the thing off.

6 REPLIES 6
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: CMC cannot find previously found storage node

can't ping the iLO or the CMC?  You sure this thing has power?  The SAN/iQ system is rather robust, so I have to assume you have node redundancy so the simple thing is just hard reboot and let it resync.  If you want to be ultra-cautious, call tech support and have them walk you through it, but the systems are designed to be node redundant w/ network raid so even if you run into a probem and have to reset the node you can recover while SAN/iQ stays up.

RPMCanesandPats
Occasional Advisor

Yes, all green lights, and I can ping.  I would like to reboot it, but I can't reach it through the CMC.  What is the safest way to reboot?  I don't want to just power the thing off.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

strange that you can ping iLO and not connect to it.  Maybe try unplugging the NIC and reconnecting it before trying to reboot.  If that doesn't work, I woudl call support to go over the safest way to power cycle the unit.

RPMCanesandPats
Occasional Advisor

Got bad info. iLO was disconnected! I couldn't log onto the node when I connected. It was all locked up. I rebooted it and all is well.
oikjn
Honored Contributor

glad to hear it worked out.
RPMCanesandPats
Occasional Advisor

It turns out that wasn't the last of it.  This one node keeps going offline, even after the other day I applied all the available software updates to it.  Has anyone else ever experienced this?