108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

CMC

SOLVED
Go to solution
jasp2k
Occasional Advisor

CMC

im new to p4300 g2's. Recently our server hosting CMC was wiped. I know we were using an old version. can any version of cmc be used? also how how do you connect to your arrays? is it a matter of specifying each node to connect to?

3 REPLIES 3
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: CMC

Hi,

You can use any version of CMC to connect to your nodes, but it must be the same or newer version... Older versions of CMC cannot manage newer versions of Lefthand storage nodes...

After the installation of the CMC you can run a discovery (find systems) on the IP addresses (or at least 1 of it) of your nodes in the cluster... Enter the credentials and all details will be loaded...

kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
oikjn
Honored Contributor

what bart said...  but for network discovery to work, you have to be on the same subnet.

If you know the IP address of at least one of the Nodes and you have gateways setup for the nodes (and your desktop), you can install CMC on a different subnet and manage it "remotely".  I have CMC installed on my desktop on our production VLAN and access the SAN through a gateway.  I put all my Node IP addresses into the discovery window and so as long as one node is accessible I can see the SAN without having to be physically connected to it.

jasp2k
Occasional Advisor

Thanks!