New Discussion

Cannot join FOM to Managementgroup in Hyper-V: RAID not configured

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ralf Gerresheim
Frequent Advisor

Cannot join FOM to Managementgroup in Hyper-V: RAID not configured

Hi,

I'm trying to add a FOM to Managementgroup in a Hyper-V environment (Win 2012).:

I setup the FOM  using the setup.exe (v11.0), add all informations and the VM is successfully created. No Problem to add to the CMC.

When I try to add the FOM to the existing managementgroup, I get the error message:

Storage system FOMHyperV (172.31.62.166) did not join the management group MG. RAID is not configured. Please configure RAID and try again.

Diagnostics showed that Drive1 and Drive2 are uninitialized. ????

With FOM-installation under ESX I have never had such problems.

Please help me to get the FOM running und advice what I had to do on the Hyper-V settings or the FOM.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
a_o
Valued Contributor

Re: Cannot join FOM to Managementgroup in Hyper-V: RAID not configured

This is a known issue. It's a problem withthe installer.
I've had it happen a few times to me.
I don't think it's ever  been fixed by HP.

Since it's a FOM that's not even part of a MG yet,   I would just delete it and re-install a new one.

Ralf Gerresheim
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for your hint.

I already tried to install a new FOM but the result remains the same. Did you now if it is only a Windows2012 problem or are all Windows versions affected?

Best regards

oikjn
Honored Contributor

I haven't run into that issue before.  Sounds like a permission problem with the installer in your environment.  Do you have a windows 8 computer to run hyper-v that you can install the FOM on and then move it to the correct node after its installed?  Its that, figure out your permission problems or contact support for their help...  quickest would be to install on a windows 8 computer with hyper-v role installed.

Ralf Gerresheim
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi oikjn,

thanks for your ideas, you brought me on the right way:

When I used the local adminstrator instead of the domain-adminstrator (as I did it before), I have no problems to install the FOM and get it joined to the managementgroup.

BTW: Maybe another issue: During the first tests, I unzip the exe-file not the proposed directory but to an alternate dir (e.g. c:\temp). When I did this, I get path-errors during the installation (cannot find ...vdh in path ....). Maybe there are some hardcoded paths in the installation programm. On the other hand, I copied the unzipped exe to an USB stick and moved it to a customer, copy the directory to a drive on the server and started the setup ... and it worked!

So, some mysteries .