1753405 Members
7203 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Coming in SAN/iQ 9.5

ROnanian
Occasional Advisor

The "Upgrades" tab in CMC was unable to check for upgrades for a few hours. A few minutes ago it started working again, and offered to start downloading 9.5...I've got that coming in now.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Oh, the joy of web pages... and now the 9.5 software is back on the link I mentioned...

Aart Kenens
Advisor

I cannot get it installed.

installation on "FOM" termniated unexpectedly. The storage system closed the connection before the installation finished. Canceling all further installations.

Anyone has a clue?

Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

*CAUTION FOR VSA and FAILOVER MANAGER UPGRADES: SAN/iQ version 9.0 and above is built as a 64-bit virtual machine and is not compatible with 32-bit virtual environments. If running ESX 2.5 through 3.5, PRIOR TO UPGRADING TO SAN/IQ 9.0, ensure your processor architecture is 64-bit capable with the VT processor extensions enabled in the BIOS. If your environment is not 64-bit capable do not upgrade to SAN/iQ 9.0 VSA or FOM. (Note: ESX 4.0 and higher and Microsoft Hyper-V already support 64-bit hardware only.)

Did you check?

Aart Kenens
Advisor

Hi Fred,

Our cluster is an ESXi 4.1 Environment. But our FOM resides on a seperate ESXi 4.1 Free edition. (HP DL380G5)

Our FOM is installed on a CentOS 4/5 (32bit).

Could this be the problem? That our FOM is running on a 32bit CentOS?

cheazell
Advisor

Hi there,

Upgrade order question. Is the Correct order 1. CMC 2. FOM 3. VSA?

I see in my  sand box that the FOM that I directly downloaded and installed is x64 but my existing FOM is x86. If I upgrade my CMC first can I then just deploy a new FOM from the ovf and add it to the Management group before upgrading a VSA node?

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Correct you always start with the CMC...

Afterwards everything is handled by the CMC... He will upgrade the nodes 1 by 1...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

Hi Aart,

In the past I upgraded the FOM from 8.5 to 9.0 on an older DL180 with Windows 2003 server running a 32bit VMware player client. I am not using that FOM anymore but could try to upgrade it for you. The caution seems to be related to the underlying hardware/BIOS being able to support a 64bit environment. I don't think that should be a problem with a HP DL380G5. But checking never hurts.

Fred

Aart Kenens
Advisor

Hi Fred,

Where the FOM resides there is another VM on the same host that operates as a Windows 2008 R2 read only DC.(64bit VM)

So I think INTEL-VT and other technologies are enabled, but I'll check to be sure.

If this doesn't work, can I deleted the FOM and install the FOM 9.5 from the SAN IQ 9.5 iso?

Regards,

Aart

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi Aart,

If your storage nodes are running fine without errors, off course you can shut down the FOM and replace it with a new one from the 9.5 release... Give it an IP address, discover it in the CMC and add it to the MG and Cluster...

For 9.5 you need the 64bit virtualisation layer so IntelVT must be enabled...

Good luck!

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !