5670 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Different Software version in one Management group

jap_2
Occasional Advisor

Different Software version in one Management group

Hi,

I'd like ask if I can have in one management grooup, which has "Database Version 9.0.00", two clusters - one with 4 nodes P4300 SW version "9.0.00.3561.0" and second with 2 nodes P4300 SW version "9.5.00.1215.0".

Thanks for answer,

Jan Pelant

3 REPLIES 3
Amar_Joshi
Honored Contributor

Re: Different Software version in one Management group

Hi Jan,

P4000 SAN Solution management groups can accommodate storage systems that are running different versions of the SAN/iQ software. However, you can only add storage systems that are running a greater software version to a management group that is running an earlier software version. For example, you can add a storage system running the Version 9.5 software to a management group currently running the Version 8.5 software. You can not add a storage system running 8.5 software to a management group that is running 9.5 software. If you partially upgrade a SANSolution management group, the management group will continue to run on the earlier software version until the entire cluster is upgraded.

Hope that helps.

jap_2
Occasional Advisor

Thank you for answer,

It makes a sense :-) .

I wanted to asure about that. Why i was a little confused is I can see in CMC on tab "Upgrades", separated upgrades for CMC and for whole Management group. It perhaps means, all storage systems in mng group will be updated to the latest sw version. Can I determine order of clusters?or if I want to control which system is updated I should make second management group to be able make upgrades separately?

thanks again,

Jan

Jitun
HPE Pro

CMC will upgrade all Nodes on the Management Group.
It will determine it own logic in which order the Nodes are upgraded/restarted based on Volume Availability.
It does not provide any option to the User to select which nodes can be upgraded.
You would need a separate Management Group to be able to allow separate upgrades
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo