1752490 Members
5719 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Email notifications with dedicated iSCSI network

RogierK
Occasional Contributor

Email notifications with dedicated iSCSI network

We have two P4500G2's (software v9.5). We would like to use those with a dedicated iSCSI network, and of course this should be redundant. To have this working we would use both NIC's in the machines. These are on dedicated switches, on their own VLAN with their own IP range. The management interfaces are connected to the office LAN. Since the traffic from the iSCSI network is not routed towards the office network, the P4500's cannot ping the SMTP server. Is there a way to have the Lefthands send their email notifications through the management NIC?

6 REPLIES 6
RemyZ
Advisor

Re: Email notifications with dedicated iSCSI network

We solved this by installing an SMTP forwarding service on the management server (CMC-server). This works very well. Just add the SMTP-server role in the server manager and configure it.

--------------------------------------
Remy Zandwijk
VU University Amsterdam
Fableo
Advisor

mdmazher
Frequent Visitor

Dear Remy,

Could you please share us what configuration need to setup after we add the SMTP server role?

Regards,

Mazher.

RemyZ
Advisor

Hi. See attachment.

--------------------------------------
Remy Zandwijk
VU University Amsterdam
mdmazher
Frequent Visitor

Dear Remy,

Thanks, that cleared it up for me.

Regards,

Mazher.

jwebber

I had to setup an SMTP relay Virtual Server on Windows.  I ran into some problems authenticating to the SMTP relay server. HP Support was able to setup a telnet session, via putty, on one of the SAN nodes with EHLO.  This confirmed that the SANs were not authenticating to the SMTP relay.  The solution was to configure anonymous authentication exclusively on both the authentication access screen and outbound connections (SMTP Virtual Server).  Basic Authentication and TLS Encryption had to be disabled.  Although, I did have TLS authentication enabled from just the Outbound Connections screen.