3134 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Failover Manager & ESXi

INR
Advisor

Failover Manager & ESXi

Hello again.

Last post was related to installing a kind of service or process for not using VMWare. It seems that it could be possible, but any kind of homebrew tool wouldn't be support by HP. So, it's your risk to deploy it.

So, I've decided to explore ESXi world and bet for this, but the issue is that It's quite dificult to import this Virtual Machine to ESXi server. As you know, you can execute a tool from HP Cd extracting all vmkd and vmx files that VM Server or ESXi Server need; but I'm not able to upload them and associte to a Virtual Machine.

I' ve followed diferents steps to upload the content to a ESXi server (enable SSH or uploading content throught VM Sphere) but when I try to create a new virtual machine I can't find the way to select the vmx file.

Is there any howto about that??

Thank you so much and best regards.

3 REPLIES 3
INR
Advisor

Re: Failover Manager & ESXi

INR
Advisor

Hi again.

At the end, we have FOM on LeftHand cluster. Everything was resolved looking for VMWARE documentation. The idea is configuring VMWARE Networks adapter as bridge and, in my case, tagging each VLAN.

Best regards.

Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

> we have FOM on LeftHand cluster

Have you tested whether that really works?

The FOM is supposed to act as a 'tie-breaker' and so it must live on a third entity (ESX or VMware server).