1752590 Members
3940 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Free 1TB VSA License Key Issues?

CurtLeCaptain
Occasional Visitor

Free 1TB VSA License Key Issues?

Looking back in the forum, I noticed that license keys had issues back in January where they had to be reissued.  I'm wondering if this is still an issue?  I have a pair of HP Proliant DL360s with 1TB storage each setup for StoreVirtual VSA and when I register they key, I get that instant-on expires 2018-03-31, not licensed for multi-node clustering, not licensed for Remote Copy, AASM, Multi-site, and that it is an Instant-on license.  Is it possible the license keys are broken again?

5 REPLIES 5
Mr_NKC
Frequent Advisor

Re: Free 1TB VSA License Key Issues?

Hello,

I believe that this license key needs to be reissued as the 1TB VSA license includes all features except Adaptive Optimization for 3 years, with a maximum cluster size limited to 3. 

Regards,
NKC

I work for HP

If this post is helpful, thank me by clicking on the KUDOS! "White Thumbs Up" below
CurtLeCaptain
Occasional Visitor

I have done this already and the problem persists, it does not properly register the license on the VSA.

hunterdg
Occasional Visitor

I have 4 VSAs, one registered with the 1TB Free with HP server purchase (exipres 2017) and the other three registered with new 1TB Free offer for any hardware (using on older HP servers).

The Registration info on the 2017 expiry looks fine, but my newly-registerd 2018 expiry licenses show all red statuses, and the message "License expired on 2018/7/8".  Notice the expirED and 2018 future-past weirdness.  Good news is that my newly-registered (previously 60-day-trial) VSA didnt suddenly decide to go offline because of this.  I am NOT using NTP (on an isolated network) but the times all show correctly in the 'Time' tab of the VSA configuration pane.  

Anyone else having same issue?  Is this a goof?  I'm going on a week vacation with limited internet/cell coverage and I dont want my good intentions to bite me in the a**.

see screenshots

hunterdg
Occasional Visitor

Ignore the time discrepancy on VSA2 in the screenshot.  I just hadn't 'refreshed' the screen.  all VSAs show exact (correct) time synced with the VSA Manager system time

Ralph Weimann
Advisor

Hi All,

I have a similar problem.

My storage nodes are licensed until 2018, but I get this critical error:

20.10.15:

The management group 'HVTest' license expired, causing volumes to go offline. You must register your storage system now. 

But all works fine!

br

Ralph