108784 Solutions
New Discussion

HP P4000 with Network Connectivity Best Practises with VMware

SOLVED
Go to solution
Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

HP P4000 with Network Connectivity Best Practises with VMware

I have a 2 No's of  P4000 with 1 GB and 10 GB network interface. I want to use this storage as a iscsi datastore in vsphere4.

My Vsphere host also has 1 GB and 10 GB network interfaces. I want to isolate the iscsi traffic in 10 GB interface between p4000 and vsphere Host, and i want to use 1 GB for only management purpose. So wht is the best practsises network configration to achive this ?

Can i perform the connectivity as below ?

P4000 1 GB interface and vsphere host 1 GB interface in 1 GB switch

P4000 10GB interface and Vsphere host 10 GB in 10 GB Switch

Then enable iscsi in vsphere host ....

I believe the cluster has to form using 10GB network ports of P4000 storage nodes , so we can use VIP to assgin the disks..

Does any one has a best practises of using both 1 GB and 10 GB interfaces in P4000 Storage ??

6 REPLIES 6
bryan_hadzik
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP P4000 with Network Connectivity Best Practises with VMware

All P4000 interfaces need to be on the same network. The 10gig is more than enough bandwidth for iscsi and management traffic.
Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

In P4000 , how to separate the iscsi traffic with Management traffic. I want to use Management San IQ traffic in 1 GB Nics and Iscsi Traffic in 10 GB Nics. Is it possible ?

I have a customer with curretnly running with 1 GB network and he is not having communication between 1Gig network to 10 Gig network. So now we want to use 10 Gig network only for iscsi traffic and 1 GB only for Management traffic.  How to achieve this ?

Tedh256
Frequent Advisor

you cannot

Davy Priem
Regular Advisor
Solution

Navaneeda Kumar
Frequent Advisor

Thank you,

So it is not recomended to split the interface for managemetn and iscsi traffic. Both has to be on the same network.

Urimuqi
Super Advisor

P4800 can be used as VSA and P4300&P4500 used as physical storage?