4932 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 & P4500 StorageWorks

merigh
Occasional Contributor

HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 & P4500 StorageWorks

Hello,

Is it possible to connect HP Virtual Connect Flex-10 10Gb Ethernet Module for BladeSystem c-Class directly to a P4500 StorageWorks ( without passing by a brocade or cisco)?

Thanks,

lhaj

4 REPLIES 4
Terri Harris
Honored Contributor

Hello,

The P4500 is connected to a Ethernet switch, correct? If so, what kind of Ethernet switch? The Virtual Connect Flex-10 does not require connection to a SAN switch (Brocade or Cisco MDS) unless you are trying to do FCoE. The P4000 series doesn't do FC SAN, so no SAN switch is involved on its side.

If you have a Ethernet switch that is supported by Virtual Connect Flex-10, it should be no problem.

Terri Harris, HP Enterprise Storage Support

SME c-class blades with SAN & Virtual Connect with SAN

LHN technical support newbie

merigh
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

Actually, the P4500 is connected to Virtual Connect Flex-10 through an Ethernet Switch ( HP Procurve 2910). We are using HP X242 SFP+ SFP+ 1m Direct Attach Cable for "P4500- HP Procurve" and "HP Procurve- Virtual Connect Flex-10" connections. Is it possible to connect the P4500 to virtual Connect Flex-10 directly without passing by the Ethernet Switch ? 

Thanks & Regards,

--

Lhaj

Padda
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I am currently with c7000 with Flex-10 and P4500 instalation and YES you can connect via the 1GBe directly into the Flex-10 Interconnect switch and it works and YES you do not need an external switch. However i have a 10GBe module on my p4500 and I am trying to connect that directly into my IS and unfortunately they do not see each other. I have just been told by HP support center that apparently it is not supported (i.e. P4500 10Gbe on to Flex-10) Can someone shed some light on this? Is this totally true and do you have any documentation to back this.

Thank you

Padda

abbadi

dear All as far i kow , the 1 GB ISCSI  P400 connected directly to the Flex-10 interconnect module , support only one node P400 and not clusters , with 10 GB P4500 upgrade connect as i had been informed by HP support , it needs a 10 GB swit ch in between

can any body update me if it is possible to do a network raid without building a cluster , and connec 2x p400 with DAC cables to the Flex-10 

regards