1752782 Members
5865 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How can I identify which patch set is installed in my VSA for version 9.5

MaureenC
Occasional Visitor

How can I identify which patch set is installed in my VSA for version 9.5

I currently have an environment containing VSA's at version 9.5; specifically  9.5.0.1215

How do I identify which patch set this version encompasses?  VSA 9.5 has released 5 patch sets already.

This environment does not have internet access, so I can't just go to the Upgrade Manager tab on the CMC. 

I appreciate any advice.

Maureen

2 REPLIES 2
oikjn
Honored Contributor

are you saying you don't have access to CMC or your CMC doesn't have access to the internet?

The hardware diagnostics page has an item "Software Patches" that says which patches have been applied to the unit.

I'm not sure how to find out this information without CMC.

Are you not allowed to have a multi-homed computer or a workstation that has SAN access?  CMC doesn't have to be located directly on the SAN as long as it is routable to the SAN.  This SAN design assumes you have a working gateway so you can have a working NTP server/DNS Server.  With a propper firewall, it should be safe to configure your SAN to have such access.

Jitun
HPE Pro

Select the Node-> Diagnostic-> Hardware (2nd Tab)

It will have Software Patches section.

Install CMC on a unit which has access to Internet.

You need not add the nodes to this CMC.

Download the upgrades/patches on that unit, using the Download option.

By default the downloads are saved at C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\StoreVirtual\UI\downloads

You can copy all the files from that folder to the same folder on the unit which has the current CMC (connected to the Ndes) installed.

Then you can upgrade.

I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo