1752604 Members
4766 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to create StoreVirtual Volume Set

jchen522
Frequent Advisor

How to create StoreVirtual Volume Set

We have several 4530 StoreVirtual running 10.5 and 11 version.

I cannot figure how to create volume set to put volumes in.  I want my OS to be one volume and Data to be one volume and Page files to be on volume.  This is so that I can set different remote copy schedule and not replicate page files using VMware SRM.  Where do you actually associate volumes to a volume set?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Enterprise) to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand. - Hp Forum Moderator

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

I hate to say this, but this is SAN managment 101.  If you can't do this then you really need to RTFM before you touch anything because you will seriously mess things up if you try.  Read the manual or at least the help guide in CMC and it will tell you how to create a volume in no time.

Server-Support
Super Advisor

how is that possible, the StoreVirtual appliance can do the data store replication to another VSA appliance ?

Best regards,
oikjn
Honored Contributor

?

are you asking about how v11 and v10.5 can exist in the same cluster?  It can happen when you upgrade a node outside of the management group and then add it to the group.  When this happens, the higher version ones run at the functional level of the lower version ones.

The catch is CMC doesn't really complain much or give you a warning and this can lead to headaches when you are trying to figure out WHY something like AO doesn't work in your cluster when it appears that everything is running the right OS version but the feature won't activate and its all because the FOM is running v10.5 and not v11 like the rest of the nodes.