108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to register StoreVirtual VSA Software in HPE Support Center

SOLVED
Go to solution
JulianBlu
Occasional Advisor

How to register StoreVirtual VSA Software in HPE Support Center

We have a couple of StoreVirtual VSA 2014 in production and every time we need support it's very hard to open a case.

StoreVirtual VSA Storage Software comes with Part Number ( such as D4U01A) and Entitlement Order Number.
You then send HPE a Feature Key (MAC Address) for appliance activation and get back a very very long License Key. So far so good.

But when you're about to submit a case in HPE Support Center, the Support Case Manager ask you for a Contract, Warranty ID, Service Agreement ID, Packaged Support ID, or Product Serial Number.

With HPE StoreVirtual VSA Software you have NONE of them.

You cannot link anything to HPE Support Center, you cannot add devices nor you can "Claim an HPE Storage".

Anyone knows the right procedure to register HPE StoreVirtual VSA Software in Support Center ?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

I asked my StoreVirtual Experts and this is the answer I got back:

The best way to entitle a case for VSA’s is by using the Service Agreement ID (SAID). 

The best way I’ve heard of getting the corresponding SAID is by emailing as many of the following as possible to ams.supportcontracts@hpe.com:  The Entitlement Order Number, company name, the VAR HPE purchase order number and a copy of their ‘Fixed Support Services Certificate’ pdf if available.

I'm pretty sure that email address is only for Americas support.  I've asked what the email address is for other regions.  As soon as I have that, I'll post them too.  I looked to see if emea.supportcontracts@hpe.com is for Europe, Middle East and Africa and that email address doesn't exist so I'll keep digging.

JulianBlu
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much. I found and wrote to the contact address licensing.emea@hpe.com in myenterpriselicense.hpe.com, where we registered the VSA. Let's see what happens.

I must also tell that the last time we need support we finally found an hpe engineer who helped us without caring for SAID, carepaq or serials, but was a lengthy process.

CalvinZito
HPE Blogger

@JulianBlu - let me know and I'll be happy to chase someone down if you don't hear back from them. Best way would be to drop me an email.

Claritytech
Visitor

We are struggling with this same issue.

Why does HP not give out SAID with the Storevirtual VSA license purchases? This makes no sense?

JulianBlu
Occasional Advisor
Solution

After writing to licensing.emea@hpe.com with all licensing stuff I finally got a valid SAID (Service Agreement ID) for StoreVirtual. But that was not enough, because you also need a SAR (Service Account Reference) paired with the SAID.
And the SAR provided to me seems wrong. The SAR is incorrect for this support agreement. The SAR can be found on the support agreement with this SAID. You have 2 attempts remaining to enter the correct SAR or check the box to remove this item. Any duplicate SAID entries were removed.

I've spoken with two different licensing people and three technicians. No one was able to find the valid SAR.

So the answer is YOU CAN'T REGISTER VSA.
But you will get support anyway, just not from the Support Center.