1752275 Members
5035 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to remote shutdown P4300 G2 on low battery

morriskr
Occasional Contributor

How to remote shutdown P4300 G2 on low battery

I have two cabinets in separate rooms with a P4300 G2, a DL380 in a clustered configuration, and some other physical servers. Each cabinet has two UPSs that are monitored for low battery. On the first low battery signal (assuming the other UPS is close behind the first) all virtual machines and servers running in the affected cabinet are shutdown gracefully on low battery.

How do I give the P4300 an external command to shutdown gracefully?

Thanks,
Kevin
3 REPLIES 3

Kevin, the best way to do that would be by using the command line interface of the P4300 ( CLIQ ). The command line provides shutdown commands.

You can issue cliq commands in 2 ways :
1. from any system that can use an ssh client you can setup a ssh sessio on tcp port 16022

2. on any windows system you can install the HP Lefthand CLI shell ( provide with the SQN/IQ DVD )

Either way you should be able to write a shutdown script and launch in from within the UPS monitoring software.
OnsShot

Hi,

I have to make the shutdown process unattended. For VM and ESXI the process is driven by Vmware via VMA and GhettoHostShutdown5. I have to allow also the P4300 to be powered off by script. Could you please esplain how to remote scripting a shutdown? I'm in trouble because I  have not found  documentation about how to share the ssh certificate between VMA and P4300 in order to allow the ssh login.

Best Regards

Stefano

teodrumz

@OnsShot wrote:

Hi,

I have to make the shutdown process unattended. For VM and ESXI the process is driven by Vmware via VMA and GhettoHostShutdown5. I have to allow also the P4300 to be powered off by script. Could you please esplain how to remote scripting a shutdown? I'm in trouble because I  have not found  documentation about how to share the ssh certificate between VMA and P4300 in order to allow the ssh login.

Best Regards

Stefano

Hi, i'm interested to login from vMA to P4300 with certificate share. Anyone can help us? Tnx in advance

Matteo