StoreVirtual Storage
1748106 Members
5014 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

I get the following error when I try to reconfigure RAID? Aall my disks show off or removed?

jackblackattack
Occasional Contributor

I get the following error when I try to reconfigure RAID? Aall my disks show off or removed?

Has anyone run into this? None of my drives are showing up?

Please look at the attached screen shots.

4 REPLIES 4
Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Re: I get the following error when I try to reconfigure RAID? Aall my disks show off or removed?

You will need to re-initialize the Array Controller.

Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Re: I get the following error when I try to reconfigure RAID? Aall my disks show off or removed?

You should probably engage support to do the following.

You will need to do this at your own risk but it shold be ok as long as you follow the steps

1.    You will need to power down the SAN
2.    You will then need to disengage all the drives from the drive cage. *** NOTE do not remove these drives just make sure they are not seated all the way in the cage.
3.    Power on the SAN and let it re-initialize the P410 Controller it will give the message that no drives found.
4.    Power down the SAN and put the drives back in or re-engage the drives
5.    Let the SAN boot normally.
6.    Go back to the CMC and see if the drives are online.
7.    If they are you will need to run diagnostics on that SAN.
8.    Select the log files and send a hpadu. Zip to see if we can see and drives that have failed or failing.

jackblackattack
Occasional Contributor

That worked, thanks!!!!

Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Can you put this as solved then?

Also you are not out of the water there is reason that unit did that.

You need to get those log analysed.