1752802 Members
5559 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Lefthand patches

madoc
Trusted Contributor

Lefthand patches

Where do the lefthand patches now live ?

The lefthand legacy site looks to have gone and I couldn't find them anywhere on the ITRC.

cheers

John
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
15 REPLIES 15
Gauche
Trusted Contributor

Re: Lefthand patches

The HP Business Center currently has all patches, software products, and diagnostic utilities (Health Check, etc). Pretty much everything but SAN/iQ itself and the CMC can be found here. This is a very handy site that many folks were not aware of.
To get there, go to:
www.hp.com
Select "Support & Drivers"
Select "Download Drivers and Software (and firmware)" and in the search field insert "HP LeftHand"
Pick your product
Select "Cross operating system"

If you are looking for the CMC or the VSA you can get them from the VSA demo site @ www.hp.com/go/tryvsa

Adam C, LeftHand Product Manger
Dave Brenner
Occasional Advisor

I've been to that location and while there are patches, a diagnostic console, and some "SAN/iQ Solution Packs", I do not see any downloads for the actual NSM software (which HP phone techs have implored me to upgrade).

Under my $12,000+ support agreement with LeftHand Networks, I had access to all of this stuff. Now I can't even get the web support folks (or their supervisor) to respond to my emails.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Very disappointing.

Where is the FOM?
Where can I find a solution pack to be used with 8.0/8.1(VSA) ?

The links for the old 6.6 packs are only reachable via _some_ products and then the links don't work, because a '/' is missing between two folder names.
(OK, I have not traversed ALL products, but all except for the last 7 on this page:
http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcomтМй=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=s-002&h_query=HP+LeftHand&submit=Go+%BB
)

Same disappointment with the 'documentation'.

- most files don't even have a document number + release date

- many files have been re-released with minor edits like the title (well, at least under the same 'c8'-filename)

- many files I open in a reader start _somewhere_ in the document and not with the first page

Isn't there at least a little QA?
madoc
Trusted Contributor

I am having the same issues.

Not all the patches are where you expect them to be, the same with the healthcheck software.

Some lefthand documents don't appear to have made it to the HP site.
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines
Ben ousley

I had same issue. For those looking for patches i talked to a lefthand rep last week and he gave me the follow ftp site to pull down patches and CMC. If anyone can decipher which is the NSM upgrade to 8.1 let me know. 8_1_management_software is the CMC (I believe only Wndows)

FTP System: hprc.external.hp.com (15.192.32.69)
Login: saniq8_1
Password: SANIQ8_1 (NOTE: CASE-sensitive)

ftp://saniq8_1:SANIQ8_1@hprc.external.hp.com/
ftp://saniq8_1:SANIQ8_1@15.192.32.69/
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Great, exactly what I was looking for.

Ben, you've been nominated for the "hero of the month".
Dave Brenner
Occasional Advisor

After 10 days, support finally got back to me and informed me that the software I was looking for (7.x for NSM 150 and 8.x for NSM 160) has not yet been released but would be released on 07.08.2009. I sure hope they meant August 7, 2009, because in the U.S. 07.08.2009 means July 8, 2009, which was over 3 weeks ago. All of that aside, though, the SAN/iQ software in question has been out for a long time and there are patches for both releases available for download. I just don't understand how they can be so confused about their own product or why it took so long for them to reply with incorrect information.
Dave Brenner
Occasional Advisor

Also available:

ftp://saniq7_1:SANIQ7_1@hprc.external.hp.com

and

ftp://saniq8_0:SANIQ8_0@hprc.external.hp.com

I had to guess at those.
Jesse Goodwin

Those sites have the upgrade to SAN/iq 8 but has anyone found the upgrade to SAN/iq 7?

thanks