1752806 Members
5872 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Multiple Questions in P4500 G2

SWDGuy
Occasional Advisor

Multiple Questions in P4500 G2

Hi Guys, I was wondering if one of you can answer my questions.

1.- The alerts in the Nodes are send by the CMC console or by each node by themselfs so if the CMC is down and a HDD fails the node send the alert or how does it works ?

2.- Why each time I install a new solution with P4000 the CMC starts to download as a crazy machine patches, CMC Installers, FOM Installers etc.. About 4.5 Gb of data if the nodes are running SANIQ 9 dont know why download all those things,

3.- How do I have to configure FOM, I mean In Vmware Player it must be configure the Network in Bridged Mode so I have to configure also wich phisical NIC I have to Use and it also must be the NIC in the same Net as the Nodes, But In the FOM the IP addres must be configured as DHCP or Static, of course also must be in the same net as the nodes.

Thanks In Advanced.

2 REPLIES 2
Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Re: Multiple Questions in P4500 G2

1.- The alerts are sent by the nodes themselves. The CMC is just a "hook" into your nodes. The nodes communicate with the CMC to inform you if there is a problem. So unless you have email notifications setup you wont be notified of the errrors except through the CMC

2.-  You need to downlaod all the patches. They are fixes and enhancements to the SaniQ software. And now the BIOS (on P4000 G2 serries) and Array Controller are updated throught the CMC.  So yes download and apply all the patches.

3.- To Configure the FOM use the . The following miscellaneous software components are located at: http://www.hp.com/go/P4000downloads, download the Management SW DVD and just run the install FOM it gives you three choices, either ESX, MS Hper-V or other I think pick the other.  It is bad practice to setup the FOM or SANS as DHCP set the up with staic addresses.

Dont forget the FOM needs to be always on.

SWDGuy
Occasional Advisor

Re: Multiple Questions in P4500 G2

Thanks a lot for the Info.

Regards.