108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Over-Provisioned and 100% Full Message When Adding Node

SOLVED
Go to solution
JDohrmann
Occasional Advisor

Over-Provisioned and 100% Full Message When Adding Node

Hello all, I have a cluster with 5 P4500G2 nodes using 86% of the space so I'm trying to add another 4530 node to gain a little bit extra.  I am able to add the node to the Management Group but as soon as I add the node to the cluster I receive an warning stating the cluster is Over-Provisioned and 100% full.  I would expext the space to be added to the cluster and the data to start striping but this is not the case.  I know that these are different models but I have other clusters with the same mixture of models and the work fine together.   All the nodes are running v12.6 of the OS.  Any help is appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
oikjn
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Over-Provisioned and 100% Full Message When Adding Node

I don't know the specific models, but I"m guessing the one you are trying to put in is SMALLER than the others?  Every node in the cluster must contribute the same amount of space, so if you have 5 nodes w/ 1TB each and one node with 500GB, then every node would only contribute 500GB so if you added that 500GB node, you would only end up with 3TB total usable space instead of 5TB if you kept it out.. 

JDohrmann
Occasional Advisor

Re: Over-Provisioned and 100% Full Message When Adding Node

Thanks for the explanation, that makes complete sense.  The other nodes are 9TB and the other one is only 6TB.