3058 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

P4000 FOM Hyper-V setup ends with "Provider Failure"

Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

P4000 FOM Hyper-V setup ends with "Provider Failure"

Dear colleagues,

I'm trying to setup a P4000 FOM (SAN/iQ 9.5) on a W2K8 R2 Standard SP1 server with Hyper-V. I tried it serval times, but no luck. On one W2K8 R2 Standard SP1 (german localization) the setups ends with:

Creating the configuration file...
Exception: Illegales Zeichen im Pfad.

I took this message from the hvsa_deployment.log, which is created on the desktop. I tried the setup on a second server, an english W2K8 R2 SP1 Datacenter, fresh and clean. The setup ends with another error message:

Unmounting the configuration drive...
Exception: Provider failure

I used the default paths given by the setup. Even the command-line based setup failed. Why is HP selling such a crap? Is there any solution for this?

Regards,

Patrick

Best regards,
Patrick
2 REPLIES 2
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: P4000 FOM Hyper-V setup ends with "Provider Failure"

sounds like permission issues.  try running as an admin if you aren't.  I can tell you I've created multiple Hyper-V FOMs and haven't had an issue yet, but I've been using the 9.0 media.

One thing I do change is that I don't go to the default paths, but setup a folder S:\hyper-v store\ where I keep my VMs, so I I put the FOM in S:\Hyper-v store\FOM\

Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: P4000 FOM Hyper-V setup ends with "Provider Failure"

Hello,

I've also installed serval SAN/iQ 9.0 FOMs (Hyper-V) without any problems. I've tried a lot of things, for example reinstalling the Hyper-V role, disable the UAC, start the setup with right-click "run as administrator". No success. I used the default paths and I noticed something strange. If the FOM setup fails, the setup cleans up - and with this cleanup it kills parts of Hyper-V. The setup deletes the content of C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V including the initialstore.xml. This behaviour is reproduceable.

I now installed a SAN/iQ 9.0 FOM and patched it to 9.5. This workaround worked for me.

Regards,

Patrick

Best regards,
Patrick