StoreVirtual Storage
1753951 Members
7808 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P4000 multi site with Windows 2008 R2 cluster

eppNator

P4000 multi site with Windows 2008 R2 cluster

We are fairly new P4000 customers with a 6 node multisite storage cluster. We are attempting to build a Windows 2008 R2 failover cluster using P4000 as the cluster storage. This has been working okay until today.

I can no longer bring the shared storage online and I wondering if we have something misconfigured. Is there any documentation that covers configuring a Microsoft 2008 R2 cluster using the P4000 storage?

At one point in my troubleshooting, we had the cluster quorum drive mounted on both windows cluster nodes at the same time?! this is not supposed to happen.
2 REPLIES 2
Dirk Trilsbeek
Valued Contributor

i don't have that much experience with Windows Cluster, but a drive mounted in two Windows systems at the same time can lead to file system corruptions. I'd presume that Microsoft would use a cluster file system for the quorum disk, but if this is not the case, the disk contents could be corrupted.

But in any case your problem is unlikely connected to the P4000 as the storage, i suspect its the cluster service itself that has a problem with its configuration. There are several MS documents dealing with non functional cluster services.

Maybe this helps:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B245762&x=16&y=10
jswest
Occasional Advisor

Not sure how you could have the quorum in both nodes at the same time but I have had the experience of not being able to bring the quorum online after moving storage between nodes. Try putting all machines and storage on one of the nodes so that the other node has nothing on it. Then reboot the node with nothing on it. That should force the cluster software to bring up anything that is not online on the node that is still running.