1751922 Members
4984 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P4000 training?

MarkSm
Advisor

P4000 training?

My company does 3rd party maintenance and purchased a P4300G2 as part of a plan to service the Lefthand product line, my part of it is to give a course to our Field Engineers in installing, servicing, and maintaining this product line. By the way, I know nothing about this product, my background is HP-UX.

HP doesn't provide training on this so can somebody give me suggestions or point me someplace that can get me started on creating a course? I need to create a syllabus too.

13 REPLIES 13
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: P4000 training?

Hi,

I am a trainer for HP Belgium and some other countries around, and one of the (popular) trainings is the Lefthand course...

So it definitely exist... Look for instance for the code HK364S...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
MarkSm
Advisor

thanks Bart,

I am thinking my company might not want to pay that money for me to attend the HP course and, if they dont then I am stuck trying to figure something out for myself :(

-Mark

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi Mark,

As a certified instructor I am not allowed to give out any training material, sorry for that...

However if U take a look on my website I have plenty of blogs and URL referrals to best practice documents that can help you on the way...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MarkSm
Advisor

thanks Bart, i will see what i can get from your blog, I appreciate it!
-Mark

5y53ng
Regular Advisor

Bart,

Is there a course available that is more advanced than HK364S?

oikjn
Honored Contributor

as a side note.  It doesn't help with hardware training, but the full software is available to use with their software VSAs for a 60 day trial that you can just keep reinstalling (assuming you don't care about the data you put on the trial VSAs.

The trials are full function and there is no difference (other than performance and raid setup options) between the software VSAs and the hardware nodes.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

There were initially 2 1-day trainings available, 1 day for an overall overview and functionality and the 2nd day more advanced stuff...

Now these 2 days are bundled in a 2-day training...

On the hardware itself there is not that much to say about (max 10 slides), all the rest is about software and functionality inside...

I cannot speak for the other Lefthand trainers but I see in my trainings also the slide deck that I presented at HP Discover around Tips and Tricks for Lefthand, Blade, Virtual Connect and VMware environments...

Was a quite popular session...

Kr,

Bart

MarkSm
Advisor

do you have an outline or syllabus of the HP course or your course?

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

As a certified instructor I am not allowed to distribute training material...

However on this page http://www.hp.com/education/courses/hk364s.html U can find a indepth overview per chapter of what is seen in the training...

And there is indeed the 60day VSA trial that U can use to try... Is 100% the same code and functions as the physical P4000 boxes...

Kr,

Bart