1751802 Members
5083 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

P4300 Lefthand San froze up

efirkey
Advisor

P4300 Lefthand San froze up

One of the SANs froze up yesterday morning  which caused several vm’s servers to go down. I am not sure what to look for in the logs so not sure there is anything in there. So when I looked at the SAN yesterday morning when I came in the bottom light on all the hard drives were a steady green but there was no activity lights to the drives. So I had to do a hard shutdown and then turned the SAN back on and got everything running again. This is the same SAN that we had replaced a hard drive on a month or so ago. There seems to be some type of hardware issue going on.

I ran the diags and of course everything passed. So not sure where to go from here since I don’t have anything showing as failed.

The attached file is of the alert log from our SAN1 box and shows several notes on 10/7 for our SAN2 named n349d002. Not sure this helps any.

2 REPLIES 2
ZogJones

Re: P4300 Lefthand San froze up

This sounds like a controller lockup.  If your firmware is out of date, I would recommend updating.  If the problem happens again and your firmware is already up to date, I would call HP and have them take a look at the ADU report.  They will probably send you a new controller and maybe a new cache module.

Kregora
Occasional Visitor

Re: P4300 Lefthand San froze up

Do you have by any means VMware Volumes that allow a Windows based Backupsystem to access them?

If yes you may want to check for SCSI Reservations on the VMware Volumes.