4782 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P4300 Management Network

marcin_w
Advisor

P4300 Management Network

Hello,
I have to configure the P4300 storage. We have a part of network designated for the iSCSI traffic, it is completely separate from other network traffic - that was whole point of setting it up. How do you sort the management of the P4300 if it has only 2 NIC ports? I do not want to set up routing or ACLs just to manage these 2 boxes.
- Can I add an additional NIC to the box and connect it to non-iSCSI network?
Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
Marcin.
4 REPLIES 4
Sudhakar Subramaniam
Trusted Contributor

Re: P4300 Management Network

there are two host ports and one management port at the back, so you can add additional card
marcin_w
Advisor

Hi

The management port is used by ILO, isn't it? I cannot use it for the CMC software, can i?

Thanks
WIS_1

Hi,
There are indeed 2 'regular' network ports for the storage trafic and 1 ILO port. But this ILO port can't be used for CMC management trafic.
So it must be done via the 2 regular ports...
It is not possible to add a third NIC. Physically maybe it will work but the SanIQ software won't detect it...

There are some other solutions however.
Which kind of servers will be connected to the SAN? If VMware or HyperV you can install the CMC on one or more VM's and give that VM an additional NIC into the SAN network.
Or you can create routes through the VM. In the storage nodes itself you can create also multiple routes...

Kr,
Bart
marcin_w
Advisor

Hi

Thanks for help. I will use a VM or a server with additional NIC.

Marcin.