2947 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: P4300 Replacement Drive Question

Launceston Church Gramm
Occasional Advisor

P4300 Replacement Drive Question

Hi all,

We have a G1 P4300 (two nodes), in one of the nodes a disk has failed.  Looking locally the drives (DF0300B853) were incredibly expensive so I turned to the market and found that I could get three drives shipped from the US to Australia for under the price of one drive locally.

I went ahead and did this but upon receiving the drives this morning I noticed that they have sent me an alternative model, a DF300BABUF.  From what I can tell, the main difference is that the original drive is a Dual Port 300GB SAS  drive, whilst this replacement drive is a Single Port 300GB SAS drive.  I suspect there are other differences in terms of firmware etc., but I haven't looked at it too much just yet because I wasn't expecting an alternate model to what I wanted (and was in the description)!

Does anyone know if I could safely plugin this drive into my degraded array?  I really don't want to damage or lose the current node as we have many critical VMs running on it.

Cheers

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand.
-HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

AFAIR your system is using the P400 smart array controller, this works with the single port only. So this should work.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Hi,

For StoreVirtual/P4000 SAN solutions querries you can also visit the HP Guided troubleshooting tree.

Below is the link for HPGT:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-905&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=304617&h_audience=smb&h_client=s-h-e010-1&h_audiencerestrict=true&lang=en&cc=us

I work for HP

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!