4366 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P4300 SAN looses connection to CMC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vegard Hals

P4300 SAN looses connection to CMC

I have just purchased a P4300(G2) SAN starter kit, but I have run into a problem during configuration.
I have set static IP address to one of the nic's from the console and bonded the two nic's from CMC, on both of the nodes.
I have added both nodes to a management group together with a FOM (witch is hosted in VMware server from the same machine as CMC)
During configuration everything works very good, but if I leave the system a while CMC seems to loose connection to the two storage nodes. CMC only sees the FOM, and regardless how i search for the nodes from CMC am unable to connect to the nodes.
Both storage nodes respond to ping all the time.
The only way to restore connection is by restarting the SAN nodes, after restart CMC connects to the nodes immediatly.
Anybody experiensed similar problems? or any ideas?

P.S. This thread ahs eben moved from Storage Area Networks (SAN) (Small and Medium Business) to HP StoreVirtual Storage / LeftHand. - Hp Forum moderator

4 REPLIES 4
Mike Povall
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Vegard,

I had a similar situation when adding a P4500(G2) node to an existing cluster with the new node just dropping out and CMC unable to communicate with the nodes but it would respond to a ping.

I believe that patch 10078-02 (downloadable from HP) fixes this problem.

Regards, Mike.
Vegard Hals

The patch solved the problem.

Thanks for the help

Maybe HP needs to uppdate the releasenote on the patch?
Vegard Hals

I thougt the patch 10078-02 had solved my problem, because before i installed the patch the problem occured within an hour. After installing the patch i only see the problem overnight.
Vegard Hals

Any ideas anyone?