1748199 Members
2601 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: P4500 G2 Multi-site is slow to rebuild after drive failure

Andrew Manhein
Occasional Advisor

P4500 G2 Multi-site is slow to rebuild after drive failure

Hello everyone - our new G2 MDL SAS Multi-site SAN with 1 TB drives is rebuilding one of the RAID 5 arrays on the node verrrrry slowly. The estimated completion time varies between 2400 and 5000 minutes every time the percent complete is updated, but all file traffic has been silenced to optimize the rebuild time with no effect. I even upped the rebuild priority to Medium for that node, and it has only moved to seven percent complete with 4344 minutes (or 72 hours) remaining. Three days seems like an unsually long rebuild time for a quiet cluster. Is this normal?
2 REPLIES 2
Andrew Manhein
Occasional Advisor

I would like to add that we have been monitoring the 2 Gigabit connection between the sites, and it has shown no more than 25 percent utilization during the rebuild. We have also spoken with tech support, and they believe all is well. Can anyone share their rebuild times with specific LeftHand solutions?
RWS-DNB
Occasional Visitor

Unfortunately I can verify that it's taking days and days to rebuild.

Seems unnecessary to me.

Raid 6 rebuild has been rebuilding for 22hours, still 5552hours remaining (17%). Combined that will be 4,5 days.

Should be able to up the priority on a node when one can verify that it is (close to) idle at that moment.