1748169 Members
4177 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Patch 40017-00 -- Emulex 10 GbE NIC firmware and driver update

ImmortanJoe
Occasional Visitor

Patch 40017-00 -- Emulex 10 GbE NIC firmware and driver update

Out here in the wastelands we're often perceived as acting recklessly but upgrades to critical infrastructure such as our hydroponics and water systems are done with caution.

Per ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/hp_LeftHandOS/Patch_40017_release_note.html the patch updates driver/firmware and is listed as Critical.

Is there any additional information as to what is actually fixed and why this is listed as critical? I don't want to let my warboys reboot this system without a good reason.

Thanks in advance, may you arrive at the gates of valhalla, shiny and chrome!

4 REPLIES 4
AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

Re: Patch 40017-00 -- Emulex 10 GbE NIC firmware and driver update

It addresses an issue with excessive pause frame transmissions, as described in http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04218016

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award KUDOS! to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.
ImmortanJoe
Occasional Visitor

Hmm wait, that was released in 2014... Are you sure it's about the same patch?

AnkitM
Trusted Contributor

Yes, very much.

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award KUDOS! to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.
ImmortanJoe
Occasional Visitor

OK, well that doesn't make much sense to me unless you're saying that they tried fixing it in Nov 2014 (your link) and the fix didn't fix it so five months later they're trying again? (my link)