108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Problem downloading updates

SOLVED
Go to solution
bublik
Valued Contributor

Problem downloading updates

Having a problem downloading updated from hp ftp. CMC displaying "An error occurreds while reading the upgrade configuration file. if the file was from a web connection, click to Try Downloading Again, otherwise recreate your media image."

tried it multiple times. how do I recreate media image? what media image it is referring to?

thanks in advance

13 REPLIES 13
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Re: Problem downloading updates

Hi,

You can always try to go to ftp://up_p4k:Extreme1@ftp.usa.hp.com/ and verify which files are missing...

The destination directory on your server/PC (where the CMC is installed) is C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\P4000\UI\downloads.

Sure verify the upgrades.xml file...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

I had that same message after a successful download of the update files. Only when returning to the download latter would give this message. However If I manually direct CMC update to the download location (default path given) and click okay, the package is checked and will give okay. the CMC 9.0.01 was installed fine.

Fred

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

From the downloads directory you can try to install the CMC 9.5 version manually... Reconnect to your MG and try downloading again?

Meanwhile I updated 3 clusters already and had no issues...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

My download was from okt 5th update CMS 9.0.01 build 0165. Just read that version 9.5 is available for download and found out that I cannot download the update as the error message does not go away with try download again. I renamed the download directory and created an empty new one. Does not solve it. 

Help file does not give another solution for this error than download xml again. Manually? as download again does not do the trick.

Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

Hi Bart,

Is your download link correct? Cannot download from it.

TIA,

Fred

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I copy/pasted it from the CMC config file and forgot to remote the \...

So the right one is ftp://up_p4k:Extreme1@ftp.usa.hp.com/

BTW you can find it in the preferences.txt file under C:\Users\yourusername\.storage_system

Kr,

Bart

Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

I am now downloading the 9.5 CMC install file from https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=P4000SW

Hope that solves it.

TIA,

Fred

Fred Blum
Valued Contributor

Installed the CMC 9.5. Update files are now downloading normally.

Fred

oikjn
Honored Contributor

I had the same problem...  To fix it, I had to go into the download directory and delete all the files in the folder and then re-download everything.  That worked, but it said I had about 5.6GB to download.  Fortunately it went at about my full bandwidth of 35Mb or it would have taken me days... as is, it took a while.