1753512 Members
5541 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re-Imaging NSM-160

Gregory J. Boehnlein
Occasional Advisor

Re-Imaging NSM-160

I have a few NSM-160 boxes that have been sitting in the lab for a while. I'm trying to upgrade them through the CMC to the latest 8.0 code, but when I attempt to do so, I am presented w/ a blank HP page.

I've tried to use my SanIQ 7 and 8 ISO images to field-image them, but the installation is failing w/ an "Invalid Unit Type 9" message. I can't seem to find any documentation on how to accomplish this task now that the Lefthand Networks web resources are gone.

Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
Mike Povall
Trusted Contributor

Re: Re-Imaging NSM-160

Hi Gregory,

The original Lefthand web site is still there on www.lefthandnetworkslegacy.com.

SAN/iQ 8 for the NSM160 and the notes on the upgrade are available there.

Regards, Mike.
Gregory J. Boehnlein
Occasional Advisor

When I click on the Partner link and enter my authentication information, I am re-directed to an HP page that does not contain the information that I am looking for. It appears as if the entire partner portal has disappeared, even though the old site is still working. Any ideas on this?
Mike Povall
Trusted Contributor

Hi Gregory,

Rather than going via the partner login access the site via Services & Support, Customer Support Portal and select software downloads from the right hand pane. Everything should be available that way. I have just tried it and it is still working.

Regards, Mike.
BKeadle

I was excited to discover in this thread that there is a http://www.lefthandnetworkslegacy.com/ website that I might be able to find previous software upgrades. However, the site isn't currently responding. Is it still available, or is there another resource? I'm trying to upgrade a 6.5 SANiQ on an NSM160 to 6.6.
Hauns
Occasional Visitor

I am getting this same message.  I have to re Field-Image 1 of my NSM160's.  I do not have these iso images or original CD's.  The images I downloaded from ftp://hprc.external.hp.com give me the same error message.

Can someone provide a valid Field Image ISO (v 6.6 or 7) for the NSM160?  Would GREATLY appreciate it?

PierrevdH
Occasional Visitor

I have the same issue. My Lefthand NSM 160 node broke down during the upgrade process. Because we have a demonstration unit, we don't have de recover cd's to restore. 

Can anybody help me to get a SAN/IQ recover CD version 7/8 iso?