108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Remove Storage Node from a MG

Exploitation67
Advisor

Remove Storage Node from a MG

Hello,

Lefthand OS : 10.5 (MG version 9.5)

I want to remove a storage node from a MG which contains 2 clusters and a FOM,  one cluster is composed of 6 nodes and a another is composed of 2 nodes ; both are in multi-site configuration.

I have remove successfully 1 storage node (the manager was stopped) from this MG but when I want to remove the second node I have a warning which tell me to stop the manager first with a lot of warnings.

If I try to reboot the node I have a warning with the MG could go offline...and it tell me to start a regular, virtual or failover manager.

The FOM is already started, in one cluster (composed of 6 nodes multi-site) I have 2 managers started and in another cluster (composed of 2 nodes multi-site) I have one manager started,  total I have 4 regular manager and 1 Fom started.

Can I stop the manager from the node which I want to remove from the MG and after that remove it from the MG without any problem?

Attached are the warning messages.

Thanks in advance.

Exploit
3 REPLIES 3
Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Re: Remove Storage Node from a MG

Hello,

Without actually looking at the CMC I cant tell how many mangers you have running.

If you have muliti-site and you have 6 nodes, the nodes to remain equal on each site. That is part of the requirement of setting muliti-site.

Exploitation67
Advisor

I've got the response from the HP support.

In CMC 10.X  you can't start a regular manager from the interface if you've already have 5 managers.

I stopped the manager on the node that I want to remove  then I have the choice to start a regular manager (and I start it) on an other node and all works fine.

Exploit
Prakash Singh_1
HPE Pro

Hi,

For StoreVirtual/P4000 SAN solutions querries you can also visit the HP Guided troubleshooting tree.

Below is the link for HPGT:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-905&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_product=304617&h_audience=smb&h_client=s-h-e010-1&h_audiencerestrict=true&lang=en&cc=us

I work for HP

Regards,

PS
To assign points on this post? Click the white Thumbs up below!