108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

SAN IQ Recovery CD - License key

SOLVED
Go to solution
dsingh25
Occasional Visitor

SAN IQ Recovery CD - License key

To help anyone else out, when you are doing a recovery you can just type the license key in, don't need to mess with the USB like I had to.

when it asks for the license key usb for the first time, press enter. then start typing the key.

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: SAN IQ Recovery CD - License key

you don't need the key to install and the system will run for a period of time in trial mode.  I have key files saved which hold the license text and I can either open a text tile with the key info and copy/paste it in or "attach" a license file which basically does the same thing.  I don't know what "messing around" you had to do, but it can all be done from a desktop computer running CMC and really shouldn't have anything to do with the SanIQ recovery disk, but my experiance is really only with the VSAs, so maybe its different on the hardware nodes.

giladzzz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi

when you need to restore a hardware storevirtual you need to use a recovery disk that erases your OS installation and you must have a valid license key to start this process its good to know that the license can be entered manually because the procedure that HP gives is with a USB diskonkey  with the license key file on it and you need a USB key that is small like 512Mbyte something that might be hard to find.

thanks for the tip

Regards

oikjn
Honored Contributor

ah.

those small USB drives for backwards compatability are getting harder and harder to find.  I believe the limit is either 2GB or 4GB for that restriction.  Our company happened to buy a bunch of tradeshow USB give aways that they never gave away and are now useless in size... like 64MB!  They are my go-to for devices that have problems with "large" size format drives.  I believe any stick under 2GB will work in case you can't find any <1GB sticks anymore.