StoreVirtual Storage
1752762 Members
5125 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SAN/iQ 8.5 - When/where is it available?

SOLVED
Go to solution
JRedmond
Occasional Advisor

Marcus,

Did you read the entire thread? We are already aware that is available. We need the software to update existing P4000 units running 8.1. Thanks.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Not sure if this will work for the P4x00 versions that you are looking for.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Sorry... you are right.
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Would this version not work like most of the other Software versions for HP Storage? Since the last version was v8.1 and v8.5 is the next. Would it not then upgrade from v8.1 to v8.5? Just wondering as the EVA software updates work like that. Just a thought.
Andrew Steel
Advisor

Hi Marcus,

The software currently available for download from the swdepot link you provided (thanks by the way) is only the management console and windows solution pack (DSM and VSS provider) + some other bits and pieces.

So it's possible to update the servers connected to the SAN and the management console - but not the SAN itself. That causes issues as I have discovered: the VSS provider starts reporting that it is the worng version for the SAN for example (and DPM backups then fail - not that they were working to well beforehand anyway).

As far as I can work out there is no software available to update the software on the SAN nodes from 8.1 to 8.5 - I'm chasing this with HP though I'm on holidays from this afternoon so may not have an update for a while yet (unless they provide an answer in the next 8 hours or so).

Cheers
Marcus Schack
Trusted Contributor

Andrew, thanks fro the clarification. Hope HP can get this resolved before you go on vacation. I would be interested to hear what the outcome is.

Enjoy the time off!!
Colin Macandrew
Occasional Contributor

Folks ....

The update is available now from...
ftp://saniq85:SAN85eap@ftp.usa.hp.com/

A very helpful Left Hand Tech chap kept me informed so thanks to him.
Andrew Steel
Advisor

Thanks Colin - you're a champion!

I missed a call from HP support and was cursing my luck but you've saved the day at the last minute.

Cheers
zxr_1
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone found the 8.5 vsa zip file for ESX? I didnt see it anywhere on the ftp site.

Thanks
Tomas Holan

Hello, the link is not accessible now. Could you please provide another source location for the files. Thanks, Tom