1748252 Members
3899 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Stopping “Change to Primary for Remote Copy Snapshot:” email

larry-cgb
Advisor

Stopping “Change to Primary for Remote Copy Snapshot:” email

I have my P4000 email me when a remote copy finishes. I also get an email that states “Change to Primary for Remote Copy Snapshot:” of each group. The only place I can find to stop the last email is “Remote Management Group Status” , but the book says this is for when the group status in not OK. I want a email if the group goes down. Any idea where I can make the setting ? thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

Wouldn't you just uncheck the Remote Copy Status email? You could leave the Remote Copy Complete if you still want that one.
larry-cgb
Advisor

will try
larry-cgb
Advisor

tried still got email
Bryan McMullan
Trusted Contributor

Do you have email notification of everything turned on? I'm not sure, but perhaps the alert is being sent on Remote Copy Failover or Volume Status alerts?

The documentation on alerts is a little lite, so I apologize that I'm grabbing at straws. I just alert on hardware failures. I see the change to primary in the CMC alert window but it's hard to tell which alert setting it's linking to.
larry-cgb
Advisor

I am just going to try and disable one email at a time until I find it. I was just hoping someone knew the setting so I didnt reinvent the wheel.