1752576 Members
4251 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: StoreFront for vRops issue with StoreVirtual

BadHabit
Advisor

StoreFront for vRops issue with StoreVirtual

(as the StoreFront Forum is quite dead I┬┤ll post again here)

Hey guys,

maybe someone had the same issue.

I tried to integrate the StoreFront Analytics Pack (3.1.620) to my vRealize Operations Appliance (6.3.0.4443153) and added my StoreVirtual (12.6), which looked good at the beginning, but after the collector ran a few minutes I receive errors "Objects are not receiving data from adapter instance" for my FailoverManager. Many objects in HP Storage have no data at all, like performance data for example.

Anyway I receive a lot of alarms for single volumes like "write latency is at critical level", but the alarms are cleared automatically after 1-2 minutes and I do not even see the volume in the environment.

Checking the logs of the StorageAdapter shows every 5 minutes the same 2 lines:

[3995] 2016-11-02 14:36:48,373 ERROR [pool-6619-thread-1] (166) com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.getResourceCollectResult - Failed to retrieve collect result for resource of adapter 'HPStorageAdapter': Resource 'MANAGEMENTGROUP1', resId=null is not in monitoring state.
[3996] 2016-11-02 14:36:48,373 ERROR [pool-6619-thread-1] (166) com.integrien.alive.common.adapter3.AdapterBase.addEvents - Could not add external event to collect result for adapter 'HPStorageAdapter', resource collect result is null.

Credentials seem to be OK and have full access to the StoreVirtual.

Anyone has an idea how to fix this? Having this monitoring integration in vROPS is too promising to give up :-)

Or is there another possibility how to get some analytics out of the Storevirtual with vROPS?

Many thanks in advance.

M.

4 REPLIES 4
Stor_Mort
HPE Pro

Hi BadHabit,

You will not get sensible results from the Fail Over Manager because it has no storage associated with it. Exclude it from storage monitoring.

I am an HPE employee - HPE SImpliVity Support

Accept or Kudo

BadHabit
Advisor

Hi,

I would love to do that....could you tell me how? :-)

Stor_Mort
HPE Pro

I would love to tell you how, but I do not know StoreFront well enough!

I am an HPE employee - HPE SImpliVity Support

Accept or Kudo

CroDude

We have had the same thing occur in our environment.

What helped was to login with the main "admin" user who has the most access rights.

After that all the HP dashboards showed results from collecting!

Also, after 60 days the licence expires after installation.